You can create a forward email address in Office365 that forwards to an external email address without the need for additional licenses. In this article, we explain how you can achieve this.
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Go to Exchange.
- Go to Recipients -> Contacts.
- Fill in:
- Display name
- external address (the email is forwarded to this address, e.g. email@example.com)
- In user id, fill in the first part of the email address that you want to forward. When the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, fill in john.
- Fill in a random password. You won't need this later on.
- Click Save.
Wait for 30 minutes before using the new forward address. Microsoft Office 365 requires some time to process the changes.