When you have ordered a dedicated IP, we add the IP to your account in addition to your existing IP. As your website may depend on external DNS, we do not remove swap the IPs by ourselves.
To enable the IP on your website, use the following steps:
- Log in to DirectAdmin.
- When you have multiple domains, click on the domain you want to manage. Otherwise, go to step 3.
- Click on "Domain Setup".
- Click on the domain you want to manage.
- Select the IP in the dropdown "Select IP to Add" that you want to add to your domain.
- Enable "Add dns records for this IP".
- Click on Add IP.
- Select the old IP and write this down.
- Make sure that "Remove DNS records for IP(s)" is checked.
- Click on delete. We will re-add the IP, but first we need to remove the old IP from DirectAdmin. Make sure that you perform step 11, 12 and 13 immediately as this will cause down time.
- Select the old IP in the dropdown "Select IP to Add" that you want to add to your website.
- Make sure that "Add dns records for this IP" is unchecked. We just add the IP for 24 hours to make sure that everyone has a functioning website. After 24 hours you may remove the IP using step 8, 9 and 10. You do not have to repeat steps 11, 12 and 13.
- Click on "Add IP".
Note: if you do not see a website, wait a few minutes. The server only processes these changes once per few minutes.