- Log in to DirectAdmin.
- When you have multiple domains, click on Domain Administration. If you do not, click on Domain Setup.
- Click on the domain where you want to configure SSL for.
- Make sure that "Secure SSL" is checked. If you do not see this option, you have to enable SSL for this account. If you can not do this by your self it means that SSL was not enabled by your provider. We enable SSL on all accounts by default.
- If you want to use a separate directory for SSL, check "Use a directory named private_html".
- If you want to use the public_html directory for SSL, check "Use a symbolic link from private_html to public_html - allows for same data in http and https". Warning: the existing private_folder and its contents will be deleted. Make sure that you have a backup.
- Click on save.
- Configure your free SSL certificate.
- Force SSL.
How to configure SSL for my domain in DirectAdmin Print
Modified on: Sat, 16 Oct, 2021 at 10:42 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.