In this article you will find the settings required for the services of Yourwebhoster.eu. We recommend to check the manual of your e-mail client to configure your e-mail client using these settings.
Configuring your e-mail client
There are several protocols available for downloading your e-mails: IMAP and POP3. We recommend to use IMAP as this method is the most use-friendly and has the most features.
IMAP features (reading e-mails)
- Synchronise e-mails: mark an e-mail read on one device and synchronise this with all your devices. Or move an e-mail to a different folder at once for all devices.
- Stored securely on the server. Your e-mails are still available, even when your computer crashed.
POP3 features (reading e-mails)
- E-mails can be deleted after downloading. This saves up space.
- Not useful in case multiple devices or users are connected to the same POP3 account and there is no backup.
SMTP (sending e-mails)
- You can send encrypted and unencrypted e-mails through SMTP.
Ports and encryptions
|Protocol||Port||SSL / Encryption type||Authentication required|