Acronis has an official integration with DirectAdmin available. The former backup method offered (see below) is outdated. If you have installed the former DirectAdmin backup method, you can simply remove the policy and follow the instructions for the official Acronis DirectAdmin integration.
The Acronis backup integration for DirectAdmin allows your users to restore backups with the self-service portal. This includes support for restoring files but also databases. You can also restore entire users with this plugin.
Install the Acronis plugin for DirectAdmin
There are two methods to install the Acronis plugin: using the DirectAdmin interface or command line.
Install Acronis plugin for DirectAdmin with the GUI
- Download the latest plugin from https://download.acronis.com/ci/directadmin/stable/acronis-directadmin-stable/acronisbackup.tar.gz
- Navigate in DirectAdmin to Menu -> Extra Features -> Plugin Manager.
- Click Add Plugin and click on File.
- Upload the downloaded plugin from step 1.
- Select Install after upload.
- Enter your DirectAdmin password.
- Click Install.
- Proceed in Extra Features -> Acronis and follow the steps in the official Acronis documentation.
Install Acronis plugin for DirectAdmin with command line
Execute the following code:
sh <(curl -L https://download.acronis.com/ci/directadmin/stable/install_acronis_directadmin.sh || wget -O - https://download.acronis.com/ci/directadmin/stable/install_acronis_directadmin.sh)
Once completed, log in to DirectAdmin and proceed in Extra Features -> Acronis and follow the steps in the official Acronis documentation.
Acronis DirectAdmin documentation
Acronis offers an official DirectAdmin integration documentation here. Here, you may find more details than provided in this article.
Old Acronis DirectAdmin backup method
With Acronis Cloud Backup, you can easily backup all your DirectAdmin data safely. You can use the following articles to configure safe backups.
- Install the Linux backup agent.
- Configure MySQL backup. Tip: to install the /root/.my.cnf, run the following command:
cp /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf /root/.my.cnf
For more information regarding Acronis Cloud Backup you can use the official Acronis Cloud backup documentation.