Note: If you want to install Acronis Cloud Backup on cPanel, you can ignore this article. Please use the article How to install Acronis Cloud backup on cPanel instead.
WARNING: If you have installed another backup solution that also includes a kernel module (such as R1soft), delete this solution first. Otherwise, you may risk that your server will get instable or will reboot randomly.
Install Acronis Cloud Backup on Linux
- Log in to https://eu2-cloud.acronis.com
- Click on Add.
- Select Linux in Servers.
- A download will pop-up. Transfer the download to the server you want to install the agent on.
Tip: Cancel the download if you wish to install the agent on a different machine and right-click -> copy download URL (if supported by your browser). Then, execute:
wget "http://replace_with_downloadurl" -O Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64.bin on the target server.
- Run chmod +x Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64.bin
- Run ./Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64.bin
- Make sure that only Acronis Backup Agent for Linux is marked. You can change this with your space bar. Use Tab to go to Next and press Enter.
- Click on Show registration info.
- Copy the registration code.
- Open the URL https://eu2-cloud.acronis.com/bc/reg
- Authenticate when needed and enter the code.
- Click on Check Code.
- Click on Confirm registration if the hostname matches.
- Go back to the terminal and click on Exit.
For more information regarding Acronis Cloud Backup you can use the official Acronis Cloud backup documentation.