With Acronis Cloud Backup you can easily backup cPanel servers and integrate the web GUI for the end-users. This means that you will be able to perform full bare-metal restores when needed and your users can, using self-service - restore or download their files and/or databases.
When installing the cPanel plugin, make sure that you meet the following requirements:
- No Acronis agent installed.
- Access to Acronis Cloud Portal.
- Full WHM access.
- Free license (Virtual Private Server or Dedicated server).
- Configure the firewall to open the required ports.
Install the Acronis cPanel plugin and agent
- Execute the following command:
sh <(curl -L https://download.acronis.com/ci/cpanel/stable/install_acronis_cpanel.sh || wget -O - https://download.acronis.com/ci/cpanel/stable/install_acronis_cpanel.sh)
- Navigate to WHM (https://servername.domain.com:2087)
- Navigate to Plugins -> Acronis.
- Enter the following data:
Cloud URL: https://eu2-cloud.acronis.com
Username: The username you have used when ordering.
Password: The password used when ordering. You can reset this at the service page.
- Agree on installing the required software.
- Continue. The installation may take some time.
- Once finished, cPanel has configured a backup job. You can change the schedule at the cloud control panel in Acronis.
Uninstall Acronis cPanel plugin
To install the plugin, use the following:
yum remove acronis-backup-cpanel -y
Note: this does not uninstall the Acronis agent.
You can find the reference manual at dl.acronis.com.
For more information regarding Acronis Cloud Backup you can use the official Acronis Cloud backup documentation.