Switching with your e-mail to Yourwebhoster.eu is very easy thanks to our e-mail migration tool. The Mail importing tool is included as standard with all our hosting packages. Hereby we download the e-mails from your old provider to our server.
What do you need?
- The login details of your old provider.
- The emails are stored with your old provider via IMAP. POP3 is not supported.
Import the emails to Plesk
- First log in to Plesk.
- Go to Mail -> Mail Importing.
- Click Import mail message.
- Now enter your Source email and Source password. These are the login details of your mailbox with your old provider.
- Enter the new data at Destination email and Destination password. This is used to create the new e-mail box. You can also enter the previously used data.
- For Repeat Password, enter the password from step 5 again.
- Click OK
The system will now try to find the old server for you. This does not always work, for example if your e-mail provider has different settings or if your domain name has already been transferred. In that case you can click on Show advanced options. Here you can enter the settings of your old provider. You can usually leave Source IMAP folder empty.
The import may take a longer time. This is due to several factors, including the speed of your old email provider, the size of the mailbox and the amount of messages.
You can use your e-mail box while importing the e-mails. Please note that not all messages are immediately available and that it may also take a while before your e-mail program notices the changes. If you are going to import a large amount of emails, your email client may get confused or not respond quickly. This is because it has a large amount of emails to process and tries to index them for better searching. Our experience is that with (extremely) large e-mail boxes it can take up to a few days or weeks (depending on how long your computer is on).